Saturday, December 08, 2007

Pearl Harbor, 2008, Aka Red Dawn...

.. So another Saturday drive to work, I work on the weekends, which mostly suck, mostly.

And heading off the island, onto the mainland, down the freeway and across the river to my job I go. And hopping off I-5 onto the trestle to marine view drive, on the Everett Waterfront.

As I was crossing the trestle a white military jet was coming across down the river on the deck as they would say. No markings I could see.
I live in the general vicinity of the air base on Whidbey Island, I am no stranger to U.S. military air craft, I know the profiles and I know the side profiles and underbellies of the jets in the area because they tend to fly over Camano Island now and then. I know our aircraft because I follow the military as a sort of sick hobby, and practically live on the military channel.

This one however was white, and much to slim for the ones I know, and had a hint of "Russian" to it’s side profile. From the aircraft I been watching on the military channel.
If I was to guess it looked like a hybrid fighter-bomber, with all the items on the inside of the plane instead of being loaded on the outside.

It first off was super quiet, which our planes are anything but. I often tend to stop any podcast I’m doing when they get near Camano Island, because they drown out my dog barking at two paces when their fifteen miles away.

This was quiet, on the deck, so low I thought it was going to ditch into the water, it got to the Puget sound and abruptly took a right turn heading north towards deception pass staying on the water.

I have never seen a plane fly that low and that quiet, I know Civi-planes would get their balls busted for pulling something like that, especially that close to the Navy base. This was not a civilian plane, it was a jet, as in a single seat jet, and no civilian jet is going to do anything like this.
Military planes are up high enough that you can see them regardless of what part of a hill your on. As far as I know military are forbidden to do what this guy was doing due to safety issues around civilian populations, roads, bridges, etc. being less then a 100 feet off the water and skimming the top of bridges.

So question is, we get some new planes? Or someone visiting us who isn’t supposed to be here, A.k.a, flying under the radar? They where traversing the valleys and came in from Marysville area apparently following the river.

Things that make you go HMmmmm. I’m wondering if I need to start arming myself..
I didn't have my camera with me or I woulda Snapped a picture of it. Though it had no markings of any kind.

I did some searching around on aircraft and the profile it was closets to was the ATD-X,
though the ass end was a bit fatter so the body coming from the back end of the cock pit was pretty much even all the way back instead of tapering off like this one does, the body was slightly longer and the wings where a bit more forward. however this was the profile I saw.
Our bad boys usually have ordinance under the wings (or pylons to attach ordinance if no ordinance are present), this one didn't have anything.

1 comment:

Mattbear said...

Bizarre. Maybe they moved Area 51 to Washington?